|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||45 min.|
- 2 cups black lentils (soak for 1/2 hour and rinse)
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee butter
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 cm of ginger root pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 pieces of clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 ml tomato puree or mixed fresh tomatoes
- 150 ml heavy cream (or half & half)
- Lentil: Cook rinsed lentils in water with salt until soft. (Cook for about 20-30 minutes).
- Melt Ghee butter in a large pan. Add cumin, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and mix. Add the finely chopped onion and sauté until golden brown. Then take out the cloves and bay leaf and add the pressed ginger and garlic.
- Finally pour in the tomato puree and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- If you like spicy dishes, you can also add chili pepper.
- Once the sauce is done, add the lentils with some lentil water and cook it for a bit.
- Then pour in the heavy cream.
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander.
Share this Recipe